I write speeches, edit ideas, craft arguments, and coach style and delivery for entrepreneurs, consultants, or big thinkers who are ready to share their expertise with a crowd.
By combining the fundamentals of strong public address with the dynamic needs of 21st century audiences, I work with speakers to hone their unique voice and style. My focus is not on drilling gestures and tongue twisters (though I have plenty of those in my toolkit), but rather perfecting your argument and planning individualized strategies to make sure that you can confidently bring down the house every time you pick up a microphone.
So if you are one of the 8.4 million Americans who still fears public speaking more than death, I want to help you demystify public speaking and ensure that your next talk will be the best presentation you have ever delivered.
If the spotlight inspires all-consuming dread in your heart…. Banish the fear.
If your ideas sparkle on paper but you fall apart in front of a crowd…. Embrace the opportunity to be heard.
And if you’ve ever been made to feel like you or your ideas do not deserve to take the world by storm: FIND YOUR VOICE.
If you need expert help with your performance and oral delivery, I offer individual coaching covering hand gestures, vocal emphasis (pitch, pace, emphasis, rhythm), eye contact, posture, memorization, and more. I am based in the Philadelphia metro area but offer video coaching services for speakers across the country.
Perfect for you if:
- You have prior experience in front of a crowd, but you’re feeling rusty.
- Your next event is larger or higher impact than your previous presentations.
- You’re going to be filmed or televised for the first time.
- You’ve worked with me before (hello again!) and need a quick tune-up.
Speech Writing and Editing
If you need structural, organizational, or stylistic help with writing your presentation, I can transform your outline, notes, or hastily scribbled napkin thoughts into an orderly manuscript. This option includes one complete initial manuscript, plus one full round of revisions and minor suggestions on delivery and emphasis.
Perfect for you if:
- This is the first time anyone has ever told you that writing for the ear is not the same thing as writing for the eye
- You have the utmost confidence in your ideas but no idea how to organize them into a tight 20/30/60 minute presentation
- Your speaking scenario is relatively informal and you’re not worried about tightening your delivery
- HOLY **** MY SPEAKING EVENT IS NEXT WEEK AND I HAVE NO TIME TO WRITE ANYTHING
Comprehensive Presentation Preparation
If you are looking for top-to-bottom assistance in conceptualizing, creating, and rehearsing a presentation, I’ve got you covered. I will work with you to dream, write, edit, and organize your presentation. I will also give you in-depth video coaching, working with your natural inclinations to construct and perfect a speaking persona that feels natural and looks professional.
Perfect for you if:
- You know your content area backwards and forwards, but aren’t sure how to turn all that knowledge into an oral presentation.
- You’ve been doing speaking events on a smaller scale for a while now, and are ready to enlist some help to take your game into the big leagues.
- You want to completely (re)build your brand around an oral communication/inspirational speaker model.
- You do enough speaking engagements to warrant having a pro on stand-by, ready to tweak content and delivery to every unique situation.
- You are a complete novice facing an upcoming presentation that has the potential to revolutionize your business.
What Is It Like to Work with Me?
Since I started offering my services as a consultant in 2017, I’ve coached speakers at events like MicroConf, The Copywriter Club IRL, and regional TEDx conferences. My clients have gone on to build workshop series and speak on tours around the country (and even internationally). Here’s what they have to say: